Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A family in Crisis

Last week we talked about crisis and how it effects the family. We learned about how the reaction of family members, especially the parents will effect the kind of experience that the family unit haves during that crisis. Crisis' include loss of life, loss of job, move of residency or any other event that presents a new situation to the family. We learned about how it is essential for a family to rely on each other and pull together to support one another in order to get through crisis. If they do not pull together, it can heavily impact the individual relationships within the family. Discussing these things made me think about my own family or origin and how we got through so many crisis'. It was clear to me that it is the blessings we were given by having the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our home. It allowed us as a unit to have an eternal perspective. That perspective being that families are eternal and are the most important things in this earthly life. I am so thankful for my family and the fact that I was able to learn from the trials and I am stronger because of it. I also have the ability to apply these things to my family now and benefit from my experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment